Researches, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must present themselves in a professional manner and appearance and maintain a neat and organized workspace as well as perform the following satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consults with client to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Plans layout of project and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Prepares scale drawings and contract documents for building contractors.
- Represents client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
- Prepares operating and maintenance manuals, studies, and reports.
- Prepares project designs and plans using computer assisted design software and equipment.
- Directs activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- Participates in meetings with clients in business development situations, presenting architectural features that the company and the architect themselves has designed.
- Responsible for documentation of existing conditions of projects as assigned and directs staff in performance of this documentation.
- Presents self in a professional manner and appearance. Maintains a neat and organized workspace.
This position will require overseeing performance of Architectural Designers, draftsman, and assistant as required/needed by projects assigned. Coordination and collaboration with other disciplines/construction is essential.
Available to travel up to 35% of the time annually
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A five year bachelors of Architecture degree and four or more years related experience as a licensed professional and/or demonstrated ability in the architectural design of Healthcare, Medical Office Building, commercial, municipal, federal, state and/or office buildings.
Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, RS Means
Certificates and Licenses:
LEED or other certification
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.