Researches, develops, designs, and produces electrical construction drawings by performing the following duties. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a top level
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs electrical systems for healthcare, MOB, commercial, municipal, shell and tenant improvements, restaurant and office buildings with backup and emergency power systems, including generators, uninterruptable power supplies, and automatic transfer switches.
- Designs and directs designers in the creation of building designs. Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to specifications and requirements.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks.
- Work with an experienced group of designers and engineers to prepare building electrical plans and specifications.
- Designs the modeling and analysis of normal and emergency power distribution systems, the design of life safety systems, the design and modeling of lighting and associated control systems, and coordination with other design professionals.
- Designs lighting control systems that comply with LEED, Energy Star, and similar energy efficient programs.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Serve as an Engineer of Record.
- Follows the NFPA70 (NEC) and other electrical industry codes, standards and recommended practices.
- Correctly applies knowledge of power distribution, three phase systems, and short circuit, calculations and breaker coordination in designs.
- Displays understanding of Arc Flash calculations and/or medium voltage distribution in designs.
- Presents self in a professional manner and appearance. Maintains a neat and organized workspace.
Available to travel up to 35% of the time annually
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University and four or more years related experience as a licensed professional
and/or demonstrated ability in the electrical design of Healthcare, Medical Office Building, commercial, municipal, federal, state
and/or office buildings.
Revit, AutoCAD MEP, MS Office Suite, SKM or Easy Power Modeling Software, Visual,
Previously worked with RS Means, Masterworks and/or SpecsInTact.
Certificates and Licenses:
ABET Accredited Electrical Engineering Degree
Current PE License
LEED, RCDD, CEM, or LC (Preferred)
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.