Assists Mechanical Engineer in development of building mechanical and plumbing system designs by performing the following duties. Has knowledge of mechanical and plumbing designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must present themselves in a professional manner and appearance and maintain a neat and organized workspace as well as perform the following satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and drafts mechanical and plumbing building systems and details including but not limited to ductwork, piping, sanitary, domestic water, medical gas, compressed air, natural gas, domestic water heating and solar water heating.
- Develops construction documents
- Perform field investigations and site visits
- Perform Submittal Reviews
- Determine optimum routing for ductwork, piping, and associated mechanical and plumbing systems. Assist in properly sizing aforementioned systems.
- Presents self in a professional manner and appearance. Maintains a neat and organized workspace.
Available to travel up to 35% of the time annually
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University or four or more years related experience / training and/or demonstrated ability in the mechanical designs of Healthcare, Medical Office Building, commercial, municipal, federal, state and/or office buildings.
Revit, Auto CAD MEP, MS Office Suite, Trane Trace, Masterworks, and/or SpecsInTact
Certificates and Licenses:
- ABET Accredited Engineering Degree (Preferred, but not required)
- LEED (preferred)
- Certified Plumbing Designer (preferred)
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.