Our project team included the additional disciplines of geotechnical engineers, architects, and air quality specialists.
Some notable details of the project include:
- Comprehensive field investigations to determine the existing condition and configuration of the medium-voltage switchgear
- Evaluation of upgrades to the switchgear to incorporate the addition of emergency backup power
- Design of the emergency backup power configuration to meet the requirements of the Department of Veterans Affairs Electrical Design Manual
- Evaluation and upgrade of the existing site-wide distribution system to ensure that feeders of the essential electrical systems are properly segregated from the feeders for the normal distribution loads
- Design of the fuel storage and transfer systems
- Design of security enhancements for the medium-voltage switchgear building and medium-voltage electrical yard