Apogee included bid alternates to ensure budget compliance. Our services additionally covered electrical design, cost estimation, bid evaluation, bid award recommendation and construction management for two separate projects.
- The first included Fire Stations 4, 5, 7, 14, and 19 under a contract awarded to Bitting Electric
- The second project included Fire Stations 3, 6, 9, 10, 12, 18, 21 and Keeter Firefighter Training Center under a contract awarded to J.L. Britt.
Apogee’s work included:
- Field investigation to assess aged electrical infrastructure and cost estimates for replacement
- Assessment of building loads and required sizing of all equipment – generator, ATS, panels, conductors and fuel lines
- Coordination with utility providers to integrate new equipment
- Author project specifications manual to incorporating general contract provisions, bid information and technical specifications
- Pre-bid meeting with bidders, qualify lowest bidder and making award recommendation to client
- Facilitation of construction kick-off meeting and bi-monthly construction status meetings with the client and the general contractor
- Inspection of all installations during construction and facilitate final inspection, test witness, and final client acceptance
- Approval of pay applications from general contractor and provision of record drawings