The new area includes higher clean room standards, separation of hazardous drug compounding, controlled air pressure cascades meeting ISO 7 requirements, separation from other pharmacy activities, and a separated hazardous drug receiving and storage area with negative pressure vented to the exterior.
Construction is phased, allowing existing spaces to remain functional while demolition and upgrades are being completed.
- Upgrade USP 797 operations and containment rooms
- Provide USP 800 compliant containment rooms and operations
- Increase capacity, productivity, and functionality of the pharmacy
- Improve flow and alleviate congestion
- Improve processes and staff efficiency
- Reduce downtime and improve reliability
- Promote uniformity between the TVHS campus pharmacy operations at the Nashville and Murfreesboro campuses
- Ensure that USP operations can evolve and grow.
- Plan and design secondary CSP provisions to be used during planned and unplanned outages