The project included the remodeling and reconfiguration of space to optimize material/workflow, personnel and air circulation. The renovation centralized seven semi-critical sterile processing services (SPS) areas scattered throughout the facility into one SPS area in the lower level of Building 500.
Core elements of the project included:
- Creation of a state-of-the-art SPS unit
- Replacement/new HVAC and controls
- Provision of adequate material and workflow
- Maximization of space utilization to support increased OR and dental workload
- Removal of SPS restroom/locker room
- New sterilizer and wash/disinfect equipment with domestic cold-water service, reverse osmosis water, and floor drains with RO water extended to one faucet of the five decontamination sinks for rinse to ultra-sonic washers, and wash/disinfect equipment