As the prime contractor, Apogee Consulting Group provided MEP engineering design and project management services for the complete renovation of the office and clinical space. The space was renovated to provide occupancy space for the Eye Clinic, with any surplus space being given to specialty clinics. The project included as much of the central core of the 5th floor as is necessary to finish renovation of the entire 5th floor (the East Wing is being renovated under another project).
The project included:
- Complete renovation including all utilities, floor plan for new occupancy use, and surface finishes.
- Meet with VA staff and plan an efficient and functional space.
- The interior was closely coordinated with the VA Environmental Management Services (EMS).
- Design and show infection and dust control measures.
- Assess and design any asbestos abatement such as pipe lagging and floor tile mastic.